Must-Sees and Must-Dos at Bonifacio Global City
Indeed, BGC is the Home of the Passionate Minds
Known for its high-quality residential and commercial spaces, Bonifacio Global City (also known as BGC) advances its economic growth through its continuous investments. BGC is situated 11km at the center of southeast Manila between the cities of Makati and Taguig as well as the municipality of Pateros.
With more or less 20, 741 in population, it is undeniable that the growth of businesses are also increasing with more commercial spaces that are ready for occupancy. Due to its prime location, BGC is also known to the financial district in Metro Manila.
The Bonifacio Global City was formerly known as Fort Bonifacio in 1957 in honor of Andres Bonifacio – the father of Philippine revolution. With the partnership of Ayala Land Inc. and Evergreen Holdings Inc. with the Bases Conversion and Development Authority in 2003, Fort Bonifacio was developed and now known as the Bonifacio Global City where world class businesses and residential centers are established.
Must See in BGC
The Bonifacio Global City is not just known for its high quality residential and commercial spaces, it is also known for its amazing public art display, public parks, the mind museum and the BGC impromptu where it is a must for you to see.
– It features different masterpieces where it gives us the traits of the Filipinos. The art display includes:
- The tress – This art display is composed of three interlocking tress where stands as a testament to Mother Earth and her strong, unifying nature.
- Balanghai – A derivative of the word “barangay”. It is a tribute to the Filipino community’s spirit of hope and cooperation.
- Kasaysayan Bawat Oras – A 16-meter brass and cement sculpture, a sundial with seven paper-like dolls representing the 7,100 islands of the Philippines.
- Ang Supremo – A brass and bronze tribute to Andres Bonifacio, celebrating the working class hero’s struggle for the nation’s freedom.
- Pasasalamat – It is a brass representation of two fishermen’s humble expression of gratitude to God for a bountiful harvest.
- Transformation – A grand and breathtaking sculpture of stacked laminated glass that mirrors Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. See this masterpiece sparkle brightly at night!
– This gives you the access to stroll around BGC and enjoy different parks. Don’t leave without visiting these parks:
- Track 30th – A park designed with a jogging path, yoga and exercise lawn, fitness art, and a meditation garden with interactive art installations made of recycled materials.
- Terra 28th – It features interactive playground art installations where children can recreate old yet well-loved Filipino games such as Piko, Holen, Luksong Baka, and Habulang Taya.
- Turf BGC – Play football in the country’s first-ever artificial football turf! Whether during weekdays or weekends, residents and office workers can join friendly pickup games with fellow football enthusiasts from inside and outside the city.
The Mind Museum
– It is the first-ever world-class science museum in the country. With 5 main galleries and over 250 interactive exhibits. Be sure to bring your family and friends here and enjoy a wondrous experience.
– Be entertained with the artistry of various street performers and musicians.
Must Do in BGC
When you are hyped for different activities, BGC have also something in store for you. It is a no-no for you to miss these activities when you know you will surely enjoy and have fun.
– There are actually a lot of events BGC usually hold each year. They usually post and have their event announcements online for you to keep updated with the event that they will going to have.
– With the different masterpieces that are displayed publicly, you have the freedom to stroll down BGC and enjoy sightseeing with different art work displays.
– BGC shopping malls, restos offer great deals to avid customers. Real freebies and bid discounts are in store for you.
Don’t leave BGC just yet when you still have a lot of things that need to experience and enjoy!